It was not a pleasant night, to say the least. I won't lie; for a minute I considered letting the bacteria run its course, since it would be much cheaper and a lot less work than joining a gym this summer. But unfortunately I do have a job, so I can't afford the luxury of lying around letting a bacteria eat out my insides.
I went to the hospital today as soon as I got up the energy, which took a little while. The one thing I really enjoy about going to the hospital here is the nurses' outfits. They're these cute little light blue, fitted pencil skirts with a tiny, collared, matching suit jacket. And they wear the nurses' hats, which are adorable. It certainly makes the hospital environment a little more pleasant.
The doctor swiftly prescribed me Cipro, etc., and I was out of there in about an hour at the cost of less than $20 USD. I love Thai healthcare. I then decided to walk home. For some reason, when I'm really sick, I have this tendency to "challenge" myself -- probably not one of my better, or smarter, qualities. I wanted to stop at Central, the shopping mall, to go to the grocery store and get juice, crackers, etc. And since it's right around the corner from the hospital, I didn't see why I should take a songtaew. And of course, once I was finished, I saw no reason not to walk home, since I'd done it a million times, except, of course, those times I wasn't sick and on an empty stomach. But I made it back fine, and I don't think it was terrible for me to get a little sun and a little exercise, sick as I may be. The most unpleasant part of this excursion was waiting in line at Tops Market. The woman in line behind me put her raw meat on the check-out counter, and I nearly vomited.
Long story short, I'm back in my room relaxing and waiting for the maintenance guy to come change the light bulb. I had such big plans for today -- to get my old bicycle fixed, meet up with people, etc. All ruined. Oh well. Should be all patched up in a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment