Probably due to the stress and anxiety of that whole situation, I managed to overstay my visa by 3 days. I've just come back from the ever-enjoyable Immigration experience. It took about 2 hours, which I guess isn't so bad. But of course you inevitably end up sitting next to someone who wants to chat with you when all you want to do is get your shit done and get the hell outta there. I did, however, meet a nice American couple living in China who were in Thailand for medical check-ups for the two Ethiopian babies they had just adopted. I almost stole the smaller one, he was uh-dorable.
I just saw that there's a flooding/landslide warning for the next four days. I guess I should've known; it rained all day yesterday, last night, and just stopped this afternoon. And of course yesterday I got caught in it. I had one of those moments when I was just about to cross street, had kept myself reasonably covered, and just as I take a step forward to look around the parked cars to see if I can cross, this car comes by out of nowhere and completely soaks me. Lovely.
Despite the missing debit card, the medical problems, and the heavy rains, I'm still enjoying my time here. My old friend/housemate is back in ten days, so I'll get to spend some time with her before I head back to the U.S. I can't believe I'm leaving in 19 days! Time flies. I wish I could stay, but alas, law school calls. Ah well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment